Grant level change
On Thursday 21 September 2023, the Department for Energy Security and Net Zero issued a change notice in accordance with BUS Regulation 13(4) to increase the BUS grant level for air source heat pumps and ground source heat pumps.
From Monday 23 October 2023, installers will be able to apply for the newly increased grant amounts:
- air source heat pumps: £7,500
- ground source heat pumps: £7,500
- biomass boilers: £5,000
Voucher applications made for heat pumps which are submitted on or after Monday 23 October 2023 will receive the increased grant amount, subject to meeting BUS eligibility criteria and successfully redeeming the voucher within the validity period.
You may be eligible if you:
- live in England or Wales
- own your property (whether this is a home or a small non-domestic property).
The property will need to have:
- an installation capacity up to 45kWth (this covers most homes)
- a valid Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) with no outstanding recommendations for loft or cavity wall insulation (unless you have an insulation exemption)
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) have today released a Boiler Upgrade Scheme information leaflet. Click here to view the leaflet
For further details on heat pumps, our processes and elgibility details, please click here
As MCS accredited installers, contact us for further detail