Boiler Upgrade Scheme
Air and ground source heat pumps are eligible for the Boiler Upgrade Scheme. The ability to apply for the funding opens on 23rd May, however Heat Pump systems that are commissioned on or after 1st April 2022 will be eligible provided all criteria is met.
What grants are available?
Homeowners in England and Wales can receive:
· £5,000 off the cost and installation of an air source heat pump
· £5,000 off the cost and installation of a biomass boiler
· £6,000 off the cost and installation of a ground source heat pump
You may be eligible if you:
- live in England or Wales
- own your property (whether this is a home or a small non-domestic property).
The property will need to have:
- an installation capacity up to 45kWth (this covers most homes)
- a valid Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) with no outstanding recommendations for loft or cavity wall insulation (unless you have an insulation exemption)
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) have today released a Boiler Upgrade Scheme information leaflet. Click here to view the leaflet
As MCS accredited installers, contact us for further details.